When selecting hair extensions, it is important to know what is available on the market. A search of the Internet returns a wide variety of hair extension products and options. Knowing what product is best for your needs is the first step in adding extensions to your style repertoire.
Two types of Human Hair Extensions
- Virgin Hair Extensions
- Remy Hair Extensions
Virgin Hair Extensions and their Types:
The term “virgin hair” refers to hair that has never been chemically processed or treated. Virgin hair is harvested in its natural state with cuticles running in the same direction. With virgin hair, you can bleach, dye, and style as if it’s your own hair. For these reasons, virgin hair is an exceptional choice for hair extensions.
- Indian Virgin Hair
Indian Virgin Hair is widely available and very versatile. With its fine density, the hair is airy, light, and easily styled. It requires minimal styling product and blends well with other hair textures.
- Brazilian Virgin Hair
Brazilian Virgin Hair is emerging as a popular choice, especially because of its ability to blend with hairs of varying texture. This means it can be across a variety of ethnic groups. The hair itself is luxurious and very soft, full of body and natural shine. With its natural density, less is more, resulting in an often more economical choice.
- Peruvian Virgin Hair
Peruvian Virgin Hair is very soft and light. The lightness means you can add a lot of hair, but still have hair that is easily styled and maintained. Peruvian hair is coarser in texture than Indian or Brazilian hair and also blends well across different ethnic styles.
- Malaysian Virgin Hair
Malaysian Virgin Hair is luxurious, sleek, and shiny. The hair is generally very dark brown to black in color and holds curls without the use of products. It also does not swell or frizz in humid conditions making it low maintenance. As you can see, virgin hair offers women a range of choices for hair extensions.
Remy Hair can be categorized in the premium segment, as far as hair quality is concerned. Remy hair is bundled in such a manner that the roots of the hair are on one side and the tip of the hair on the opposite side. When all hair strands follow the same direction, there will be almost no tangling and matting. High quality “remy” is when it is collected directly from a woman’s head and has been cut while in a ponytail, from a single donor.
At Indianhair.net, we specialize in 100% virgin Indian remy hair, which comes directly from donors of temples in India. Our hair is ethically sourced, processed very gently and crafted to last.
The best human hair extensions are:
- Virgin (not chemically processed in any way)
- Remy (all of the cuticles are going the same direction and are in tact to prevent tangling; beware of seller advertising remy hair that’s in fact non-remy)
- Not coated with silicone(to create fake shine- this “shine” will go away after a few washes)
- Not mixed with animal hair or synthetic hairs(these types of extensions won’t take to heat and won’t last but a month or so)
- Are double wefted(two wefts sew together for a fuller look)
- Double drawn(have gone through a second process to remove all of the shorter hairs for a thicker, fuller look)
- Are wefted withnylon thread not cotton (90% of most extensions are wefted with cotton thread. But hair extensions with cotton thread suck up all the moisture and natural oils of your natural hair and scalp and they have an odor when they get wet)
You can get these characteristics in most types of hair extensions- clip-ins, sew-ins, taped, fusion, etc.
For the best hair extensions, in clip-ins, wefts and bundles, visit Mane & Thread- 100% Virgin, Indian Remy Hair Extensions