- Tape hair extensions have become extremely popular over the last few years due to their easy application method. We show you how to apply tape hair extensions and explain why these possess longer lasting qualities over other hair extensions on the market. Whether you’re after subtle blonde beach waves, or long and sleek dark locks – tape hair extensions are the ideal option for you.
- The hair is held in place by double-sided tape that is applied by placing two pieces of the adhesive tape together, with your hair sitting in between. The process is very easy and can take under 30 minutes by a professional hair dresser. We only recommend getting your tape hair extensions applied by a professional for best results!
HOW TO APPLY TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Section your hair horizontally in line with the tips of your ears, making sure you start from the bottom of the neck. This will make it easier for you with how to apply tape hair extensions.
- Start by placing the first tape hair extension into your hair gently. Be careful not to apply the extension too close to the root of the hair. This should allow the tape extension to move and sit comfortably without pulling and causing too much friction between your scalp and the roots of your hair. With this method, you are allowing for the tape hair extensions to also be styled (ponytail or bun updo, tight curls or braids) without forcefully pulling on your roots too much. Otherwise, the tape hair extensions could potentially be uncomfortable and unable to style. This could also cause damage or inflammation to the scalp.
Raise the first applied extension up, clipping it to your hair bundled on top. Some people are very concerned with how to apply tape hair extensions by this point! But do not stress too much, it is completely normal for your own hair to attach itself up to the tape hair extension.
- Take your second tape hair extension and apply it by pressing it tightly against your hair with the first tape extension that you have already clipped up. Your tape extensions are now neatly stuck together with your own hair sitting comfortably in between.
- Repeat steps from 1-4, ensuring that the tape hair extensions are sitting side by side with a 1cm distance in between each extension, to also allow for some movement over time.
- Complete your first row of tape, and then move on to your second row (usually 1 inch up from first row) and work your way up on your head. Keep in mind that if you are placing your extensions too far onto the left and right sides of your head, your tape hair extensions may become visible. Ensure that your tape hair extensions stay covered by your own hair.
- You have now learnt how to apply tape hair extensions! Your new tape hair extensions will usually last from around 6-12 weeks, depending on your care routine and how often you choose to groom them. It is important to brush through your tape extensions twice daily to ensure any shedding that may occur (we lose an average of 100 hair strands a day anyway) so all in all you should not be loosing too much hair more than you would normally.
- It is also essential that you are sleeping with your tape hair extensions in a ponytail or a loose braid to keep them from matting in your sleep. Depending on the quality of your tape extensions after your initial application (and as well as you have groomed them properly in the duration that you had them in), your tape extensions can be removed and re-taped for a second and maybe even a third application. Long luscious hair for everyone all year round!
HOLLYWOOD HAIR EXTENSIONS
- You can guarantee that even our most adored hollywood celebrities are lusting for those voluminous sweeps of hair just as much as we are! Knowing how to apply tape hair extensions, you can achieve a few of these A-List celebrity looks such as Kim Kardashian and Beyonce, both sporting these beautiful and glamorous Hollywood hairstyles.